Never taken a cert exam... Where to start?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by zc2468@hotmail.com, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I've got over 8 years of experience with MS products including VB
    programming, SQL programming and admin. I feel very comfortable with
    these topics, especially SQL - though I am still working with 7.0. I
    have never even seen an MS certification exam...so my initial question
    is, can anyone recommend the best test to try FIRST?

    Some of the questioning does seem tricky but I feel that I could
    probably pass a test with a week of review (or less?) of some strong
    written material and some hands on practice. I don't feel the need to
    sit in any classes as I've learned all my computer skills on my own.
    If anyone has been in a similar situation, please tell me what test is
    best to try first and if you have any recommendations on prep materials
    I'd love to hear them.

    I'm most interested in getting an MCSD or MCDBA certification.

    Thank you,

    David
    , Jul 11, 2005

  2. given your background 70-229 sounds like a perfect place to start. Its all
    SQL 2000 plus its an elective for MCAD/MCSD as well as MCSE so you would have
    more time to decide which track to take.

    Most MCSD folks elect to take that exam as the elective.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=, Jul 12, 2005

  3. July 17, 2005

    Definitely 229 as the SQL 2000 elective. :) With all that experience, you
    will do fine! Go to microsoft.com/mcp and find the Second Shot promotion.
    Then register for it and then use the promo code given when registering for
    the exam. That way in case you fail, you get to take it again for free. :)
    You will do great!

    --
    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer

    Web Site: http://71.39.42.23
    Static IP

    Joseph Bittman MCAD, Jul 18, 2005