    I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
    confused as I've never seen this before.

    Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 4, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in news:31ctk7F3a3e8tU1
    @individual.net:

    > Anyone know why a win98 machine would keep changing it's dial up
    > connection settings to "never dial a connection" on reboot?
    >
    > I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
    > confused as I've never seen this before.
    >
    > Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

    I have heard about this bug before. set it to something, reboot. set it
    back to the way you want reboot. should stick...

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Dec 4, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    impossible Guest

    > Anyone know why a win98 machine would keep changing it's dial up
    > connection settings to "never dial a connection" on reboot?
    >
    > I guess it will be a registry error of some sort, but I'm a little
    > confused as I've never seen this before.
    >
    > Virus and Firewall are on and upated daily, all patches applied...

    Seen this?

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-GB;190921

    impossible, Dec 4, 2004