    Then looking at other reviews, I noticed anything negative was
    balanced with "But I still love it!"

    When did this start?

    Otius Gojius, Mar 28, 2007

  2. On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a
    person by the name of Otius Gojius exclaimed:
    > How long has IMDb been deleting negative user reviews?
    > I detected the odor of that rat reviewing reviews of SPACEBALLS. I did
    > not know it was universally accepted as Mel Brooks' over-looked
    > masterpiece and one of the funniest movies ever. I did not know this.
    > Then looking at other reviews, I noticed anything negative was
    > balanced with "But I still love it!"
    >
    > When did this start?

    The default sort ordering for user comments (reviews) is
    "best".
    Since this mostly means "reviews that other fans liked
    because they said how awesome it is", basically all the
    first reviews are the fans.

    Change the sort order to "prolific authors" or
    "chronological" for a more useful view ...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and

    Aaron Lawrence, Mar 29, 2007

  3. Otius Gojius

    Otius Gojius Guest

    On Mar 29, 3:54 am, Aaron Lawrence <>
    wrote:

    > The default sort ordering for user comments (reviews) is
    > "best".
    >>

    > Change the sort order to "prolific authors" or
    > "chronological" for a more useful view ...

    "Right!
    I got it!
    Thanks!"

    That gives a much more rewarding user review reviewing experience.
    Thanks again!

    Otius Gojius, Mar 30, 2007