    already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.

    Ta muchly
    Brian
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 18, 2006

  2. Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,
    they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the aroma on the breath,
    good luck

    SUSAN JOHNSON, Aug 18, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?

    Eat some white bread (Yes, that evil Wonder), parsley and then brush
    your mouth with baking soda and rinse with peroxide.

    Have fun!
    Muse Gruppes, Aug 18, 2006
  4. SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:

    > Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,

    Larger what?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 18, 2006
  5. SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:

    > Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,
    > they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the aroma on the breath,
    > good luck

    I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral taste
    when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 18, 2006
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Martik Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    > I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
    > future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
    > whitish colour.
    > I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
    > have turned brown.
    > I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    > either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
    > already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
    >
    > Ta muchly
    > Brian

    Bake at 350F until soft
    Martik, Aug 18, 2006
  7. Martik wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    >>I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
    >>future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
    >>whitish colour.
    >>I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
    >>have turned brown.
    >>I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    >>either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
    >>already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
    >>
    >>Ta muchly
    >>Brian

    > Bake at 350F until soft

    The idea is to marinate/pickle them and eat them as crunchy morsels.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 18, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    John Holmes Guest

    Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    > I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
    > future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
    > whitish colour.
    > I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste

    and
    > have turned brown.
    > I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    > either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
    > already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
    >
    > Ta muchly
    > Brian

    Lemon. Depends on the size of the pot, but normally 2-3 teaspoons of
    fresh lemon juice will do.

    --
    Your mother was a spoiled window cleaner who paraded herself nude in
    closets.
    John Holmes, Aug 18, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:
    >
    >> Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more.
    >> Actually, they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the
    >> aroma on the breath, good luck

    > I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral taste
    > when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.

    Why the f*** would you want to have a 'neutral' taste? The whole point of
    garlic is the garlic taste! Geesh!

    Toolman Tim, Aug 18, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    dadiOH Guest

    It had to be said... :)

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Aug 18, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Toolman Tim Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral
    >>> taste when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.
    >>>

    >> Why the f*** would you want to have a 'neutral' taste? The whole
    >> point of garlic is the garlic taste! Geesh!

    > It had to be said... :)

    <VBG>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 18, 2006
  12. John Holmes wrote:
    > Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >>Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    >>I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
    >>future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
    >>whitish colour.
    >>I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste

    > and
    >
    >>have turned brown.
    >>I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    >>either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
    >>already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
    >>
    >>Ta muchly
    >>Brian

    > Lemon. Depends on the size of the pot, but normally 2-3 teaspoons of
    > fresh lemon juice will do.

    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Aug 18, 2006
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?= <> wrote in
    message <FdpFg.3544$>...

    > Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    > I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in
    > the future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain
    > a nice whitish colour.
    > I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste
    > and have turned brown.
    > I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    > either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
    > already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.

    garlic will go brown and keep its strong taste in olive oil

    have you thought about mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
    either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives?

    hope that helps
    Dirty Sanchez, Aug 18, 2006
  14. Brian H¹© wrote:
    > John Holmes wrote:
    >> Brian H¹© "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
    >>> I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in
    >>> the future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and
    >>> retain a nice whitish colour.

    <snipped>

    >> Lemon. Depends on the size of the pot, but normally 2-3 teaspoons of
    >> fresh lemon juice will do.

    > Thanks, I'll give that a try.

    I agree with John, although if what you want is pickled garlic, you
    should just pickle the garlic. It's time-consuming, but if you buy a few
    pounds, it'll keep you in garlic for a long time.

    I prefer my garlic baked--douse a head in olive oil, salt it well with
    sea salt and bake it in a covered ceramic dish (or wrapped in aluminum
    foil) at about 350F until it's soft.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
    that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. Jonathan Swift
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Aug 19, 2006
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    The Doctor Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of
    > garlic?
    > I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles
    > some time in the future but would like to get rid of that
    > vicious bite and retain a nice whitish colour.
    > I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their
    > strong taste and have turned brown.
    > I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt
    > vinegar with either honey or golden syrup to see what that
    > gives, but if anyone has already succeeded I would be
    > obliged if they would share their recipe.
    >
    > Ta muchly
    > Brian

    Soak it overnight in hydrofluoric acid. That will neutralise
    the flavour.
    The Doctor, Aug 19, 2006
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Why the f*** would you want to have a 'neutral' taste? The whole point of
    > garlic is the garlic taste! Geesh!

    Odd thing about garlic, especailly fresh garlic, is you sort of get
    immune to the taste/smell/etc.
    Plato, Aug 19, 2006