    harm either but is no necessity.

    thanks a bunch!
    sid
    sid derra, Nov 4, 2004

  2. sid derra

    jimkramer Guest

    "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hey guys
    >
    > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
    > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
    > harm either but is no necessity.
    >
    > thanks a bunch!
    > sid

    Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?
    jimkramer, Nov 4, 2004

  3. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "jimkramer" <> wrote in message
    > "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
    > > hey guys
    > >
    > > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

    loud.
    > > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

    wouldnt
    > > harm either but is no necessity.
    > >
    > > thanks a bunch!
    > > sid
    > >

    > Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

    haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people who
    are interested in my equipment for free...

    sid
    sid derra, Nov 4, 2004
  4. sid derra

    ArtKramr Guest

    >Subject: Re: neutral neck-strap for d70?
    >From: "sid derra" ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net
    >Date: 11/4/2004 12:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >"jimkramer" <> wrote in message
    >> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
    >> > hey guys
    >> >
    >> > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    >> > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

    >loud.
    >> > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    >> > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

    >wouldnt
    >> > harm either but is no necessity.
    >> >
    >> > thanks a bunch!
    >> > sid
    >> >

    >> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

    >haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people who
    >are interested in my equipment for free...
    >
    >sid

    You could always get a Leica strap instead.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer
    ArtKramr, Nov 4, 2004
  5. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "ArtKramr" <> wrote in message
    > >Subject: Re: neutral neck-strap for d70?
    > >From: "sid derra" ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net
    > >Date: 11/4/2004 12:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
    > >
    > >"jimkramer" <> wrote in message
    > >> "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message

    was

    > >loud.

    > >wouldnt

    > >> Are you ashamed to be using a Nikon?

    > >haha - no, im a "proud nikonian" - but i wouldnt want to attract people

    who
    > >are interested in my equipment for free...
    > >
    > >sid

    > You could always get a Leica strap instead.

    :-Þ
    sid derra, Nov 4, 2004
  6. sid derra

    AK Guest

    Turn it upside down.

    AK, Nov 4, 2004
  7. sid derra

    photo35744 Guest

    Get a marks-a-lot. You really think that your strap will be the only thing
    that attracts attention?

    photo35744, Nov 5, 2004
  8. sid derra

    Robert Barr Guest

    Optech. Nice & comfortable, nondescript, & some of the models have
    removable clasps so you can use your camera without the strap.

    Robert Barr, Nov 5, 2004
  9. On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:02:24 +0100, "sid derra"
    <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:

    >since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    >thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
    >so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    >preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
    >harm either but is no necessity.

    I've used Tamrac N-45 straps for all my cameras for years. They are
    nylon webbing, but have a nice large suede pad...I find them quite
    comfortable.

    HTH,

    Lee

    --
    Lee Hiers, AA4GA
    Cornelia, GA
    Lee Hiers, AA4GA, Nov 5, 2004
  10. sid derra

    Skip M Guest

    > hey guys
    >
    > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
    > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
    > harm either but is no necessity.
    >
    > thanks a bunch!
    > sid

    I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like it.
    Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=112416&is=REG

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    Skip M, Nov 5, 2004
  11. sid derra

    Robert Barr Guest

    > I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like it.
    > Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
    > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=112416&is=REG

    Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
    feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
    main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting
    straps together to form a handle.

    I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
    only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

    Robert Barr, Nov 5, 2004
  12. >
    > Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
    > feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
    > main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting
    > straps together to form a handle.
    >
    > I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
    > only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

    That's one of my favorite features of their straps. I use them on almost all
    of my cameras (don't have one attached to my Mamiya 7, Voightlander or AE-1
    but all my Nikon gear has them) and most of the time carry them around with
    out the neck strap attached. The other nice feature about these straps (and
    any strap with a quick release clip) is that I can have four bodies in my
    bag but only have to have one strap for the lot of them.

    Jeffery S. Harrison
    Jeffery Harrison, Nov 5, 2004
  13. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "photo35744" <> wrote in message
    > Get a marks-a-lot. You really think that your strap will be the only

    thing
    > that attracts attention?
    >
    > "sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
    > > hey guys
    > >
    > > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

    loud.
    > > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

    wouldnt
    > > harm either but is no necessity.
    > >
    > > thanks a bunch!
    > > sid

    no, but it is the most noticable and easy to switch thing. i am aware of the
    fact that this will not eliminate all risk.

    sid
    sid derra, Nov 5, 2004
  14. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "Robert Barr" <> wrote in message
    > Optech. Nice & comfortable, nondescript, & some of the models have
    > removable clasps so you can use your camera without the strap.
    >
    > sid derra wrote:
    > > hey guys
    > >
    > > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

    loud.
    > > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

    wouldnt
    > > harm either but is no necessity.
    > >
    > > thanks a bunch!
    > > sid

    thanks for this first _serious_ and _useful_ reply.
    rock on.
    sid derra, Nov 5, 2004
  15. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "Lee Hiers, AA4GA" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 21:02:24 +0100, "sid derra"
    > <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:
    >
    > >since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > >thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that

    loud.
    > >so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > >preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning

    wouldnt
    > >harm either but is no necessity.

    > I've used Tamrac N-45 straps for all my cameras for years. They are
    > nylon webbing, but have a nice large suede pad...I find them quite
    > comfortable.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > Lee

    hi lee
    thanks for the suggestion - ill check them out next time i get near a camera
    store. he only downside is that i'd prefer to buy a leather-less strap, as i
    am vegan. but who knows - half the time they use fake leather for products
    like this anyway.

    sid
    sid derra, Nov 5, 2004
  16. sid derra

    Skip M Guest

    >> I prefer the Tamrac to the Optec, a little old school, maybe, but I like
    >> it. Black nylon strap with lightly padded sueded leather pad.
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=112416&is=REG

    > Hmm. Hard to tell from the listing, but the Optech has a thoughtful
    > feature: the quick connects are opposite in gender. You can detach the
    > main strap from the connecting straps, and then snap the connecting straps
    > together to form a handle.
    >
    > I searched through a camera shop's entire stock and the Optech was the
    > only brand that provided that, as simple as it is.

    Actually Tamrac has something similar, but not opposite like Optec, and you
    have to buy a separate piece.

    Skip M, Nov 5, 2004
  17. Domke "Gripper" comes black or tan with rubber non slip pads on it.

    > hey guys
    >
    > since i will be using my d70 in a few pretty touristy places soon, i was
    > thinking about getting a neck strap that doesn't scream "nikon" that loud.
    > so - here my question: what strap would you guys suggest me to get?
    > preferrable neutral black and rather affordable. a nice cushioning wouldnt
    > harm either but is no necessity.
    >
    > thanks a bunch!
    > sid

    ---

    Darrell Larose, Nov 5, 2004
  18. sid derra

    Basic Wedge Guest

    I agree. I think Domke camera straps are the best you can get.

    Rob

    ---------------------

    "Darrell Larose" wrote ...
    Basic Wedge, Nov 5, 2004
  19. sid derra

    MadHatter Guest

    I like the Boomerang Strap (N-27). It has a contoured Neoprene.
    MadHatter, Nov 6, 2004
  20. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    "Basic Wedge" <> wrote in message
    > I agree. I think Domke camera straps are the best you can get.
    >
    > Rob

    > "Darrell Larose" wrote ...
    > > Domke "Gripper" comes black or tan with rubber non slip pads on it.

    thanks a lot - will check them out!
    sid
    sid derra, Nov 6, 2004