    causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet connection but cant see
    anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit linksys that repaird a bridge but
    other then that they tested fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YW1hcms=?=, Jan 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YW1hcms=?=

    Malke Guest

    datamark wrote:

    > I am setting up a small busness linksys wireless netwok and I cant get
    > it to share files and printers.The (server,the one with the router is
    > running xp home but one of the computers in the loop is running xp
    > pro,could this be causing my problem?yhay are all sharing the internet
    > connection but cant see anything else.I have run onlind diag.wit
    > linksys that repaird a bridge but other then that they tested
    > fine.PLEASE HELP.datamark

    Run through the following network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg
    Michna. In addition, here are some links to information that will help
    you with your sharing:

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm - Small Network Troubleshooter by
    Hans-Georg Michna

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

    Wireless Information
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx
    (even though this is for Server, it has excellent information not only
    for Server)

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313242

    And don't forget to make sure you've secured your wireless network. You
    don't want somebody from the outside world getting in on your business
    network.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Jan 5, 2005

  3. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Jan 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF0YW1hcms=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 5, 2005
  5. Carey,
    Thank you once again for a great site and tips. THIS TIME I was finally able
    to get my wireless network to work...just one small problem with the printer
    access but I'm sure I'll have it fixed in no time.
    This site that you have provided did the trick.
    Many thanks
    Donna/ aka Dandee

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuZGVl?=, Feb 1, 2005
  6. My pleasure. Thanks for letting me know and please sign my guestbook at
    www.careyholzman.com (the link is in the lower-left corner)

    Thanks!
    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Feb 2, 2005