    Windows 98. Is there any way to download the necessary components which are
    needed for the PC Card rather than just upgrading to Windows 98SE?

    Thank you.
    Rexel, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Rexel

    Rob K Guest

    Rexel wrote:
    <snip>
    > The problem, I
    > have later found out, is my wireless PC Card for my laptop does not work on
    > Windows 98. Is there any way to download the necessary components which are
    > needed for the PC Card rather than just upgrading to Windows 98SE?

    Your question reads like: I want to use some hardware that's just not
    compatible with my system. Where can I d/l what to solve the problem ?

    Sorry, I don't understand your question. Minimum system requirements
    and compatibilty advice are there for a reason.

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:
    Rob K, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Rexel

    Rexel Guest

    It stated on the box it was compapable with Windows 98, Windows 98SE was not
    mentioned until 20 minutes into a call help line.

    Rexel, Jan 22, 2004
  4. Rexel

    Guest

    On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:47:47 -0000, "Rexel" <>
    wrote:

    >It stated on the box it was compapable with Windows 98, Windows 98SE was not
    >mentioned until 20 minutes into a call help line.

    In which case, the product has been incorrectly described and you are
    legally (in the UK) entitled to your money back.
    , Jan 23, 2004
  5. Rexel

    mark brown Guest

    I had sinilar problem complained bittrerly ie. re the windows second ediion
    machine, took it back to get my money back, only to be told to download al
    the updates from micosoft from windows upate site which Idid then, it has
    worked ok since.

    I have no idea how or why but it did

    --
    mark brown,hypoxic bain damage,diabetic, wheel chair bound,
    computer illierate, wheel chair bound etc etc.

    mark brown, Feb 1, 2004