Networking XP with Vista

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by leonardsway, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. leonardsway

    leonardsway Guest

    First time here so hello!
    I have an XP Home SP2 PC, a Vista Home Premium laptop and an Orange Livebox
    router. My network is all set up, I can see each computer from each other and
    open my Vista laptop from my PC but not the XP PC from the laptop.

    When I try i get this message

    \\PC is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network
    reource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have
    access permissions.

    Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
    this computer

    I read an article that said to change a setting in the local security
    policy, however I believe that XP Home does not have this facility

    PLEASE help as this is driving me nuts. Many thanks in anticipation of your
    help

    Leonard

    leonardsway, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Hi