    network resource."
    ran out of ideas.
    , Aug 13, 2006

  2. JANA Guest

    Over an email, it is difficult to troubleshoot a network. The most basic
    thing is to make sure that the router is working properly, and is issuing
    proper IP's to the computers. Make sure each computer is set to DHCP, and
    that each has a unique name in the network.

    If you do a Google search, how to set up a home network, you should find a
    fair amount of sites that have instructions about setting up home networks.
    Also, using the built in help system that is with Windows has a fair amount
    of information about simple networking.

    In the worse case scenario, you can call any local computer support service,
    and pay for a service call for one of their people to come in and set up
    your home network. This may save you a lot of time and aggravation.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    <> wrote in message
    Trying to set up networking to share files with xp home. 3 computers
    all have xp home. ran networking wizard on all computers all the same.
    File sharing enabled, files are shared, internet (wireless and LAN)
    work, printers working. Problem is: comp A and B can not be accessed
    through network. Comp C can be accessed through comp A and B. get
    error "comp name not accessible..... may not have permission to use
    network resource."
    ran out of ideas.
    JANA, Aug 13, 2006

  3. PeeCee Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Trying to set up networking to share files with xp home. 3 computers
    > all have xp home. ran networking wizard on all computers all the same.
    > File sharing enabled, files are shared, internet (wireless and LAN)
    > work, printers working. Problem is: comp A and B can not be accessed
    > through network. Comp C can be accessed through comp A and B. get
    > error "comp name not accessible..... may not have permission to use
    > network resource."
    > ran out of ideas.

    Workgroup name needs to be the same.
    Check your firewall settings on each PC.

    Best
    Paul.
    PeeCee, Aug 13, 2006
  4. John Holmes Guest

    PeeCee "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Trying to set up networking to share files with xp home. 3 computers
    >> all have xp home. ran networking wizard on all computers all the

    same.
    >> File sharing enabled, files are shared, internet (wireless and LAN)
    >> work, printers working. Problem is: comp A and B can not be accessed
    >> through network. Comp C can be accessed through comp A and B. get
    >> error "comp name not accessible..... may not have permission to use
    >> network resource."
    >> ran out of ideas.
    >>

    > Workgroup name needs to be the same.
    > Check your firewall settings on each PC.
    >
    > Best
    > Paul.

    You fucking idiot.

    You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid,
    nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an
    ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you.
    You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land
    that reality forgot.

    --
    Your mother was a bungling religious zealot who took pride in her
    adulterous demeanor on the roof of her house.
    John Holmes, Aug 13, 2006
  5. simon Guest

    try www.practicallynetworked.com
    simon, Aug 13, 2006
  6. Jimmy Dean Guest

    On 12 Aug 2006 23:08:44 -0700, wrote:

    >Trying to set up networking to share files with xp home. 3 computers
    >all have xp home. ran networking wizard on all computers all the same.
    > File sharing enabled, files are shared, internet (wireless and LAN)
    >work, printers working. Problem is: comp A and B can not be accessed
    >through network. Comp C can be accessed through comp A and B. get
    >error "comp name not accessible..... may not have permission to use
    >network resource."
    >ran out of ideas.

    Just a few ideas:

    1. A,B.C all have unique PC names?
    2. A,B,C are all in the same workgroup?
    3. A,B,C are all in the same subnet: e.g. 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
    4. Firewalls for all PCs have 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 as Trusted
    (for example)

    I presume you've restarted all PCs at least once after making any
    configuration changes?

    Run CMD, then ipconfig to see each PC's network address

    e.g.
    f:\temp>ipconfig

    Windows IP Configuration

    Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: