    Network wizard on XP and created a netsetup disk to configure the 2000 Pro
    machine, but 2000 Pro says that the disk won't work. How do I setup the
    networking on the 2000 machine?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2R1dHk=?=, Jun 2, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    "kduty" <> wrote:
    >?I am trying to network two computers. One computer runs XP and is hardwired
    >to a linksys router and a DSL modem. The other computer is connected wireless
    >to the router and is running Windows 2000 Pro. Both machines access the net
    >fine independantly. I am trying to share files and printers. I ran the
    >Network wizard on XP and created a netsetup disk to configure the 2000 Pro
    >machine, but 2000 Pro says that the disk won't work. How do I setup the
    >networking on the 2000 machine?

    The default Windows 2000 network settings should work fine to
    communicate with Windows XP.

    Look for the other computer's shared disks and folders in My Network
    Places. If they aren't there, click "Add a network place" and follow
    the prompts.

    To access the other computer directly, without using My Network
    Places, type the other computer's name in the Start | Run box in this
    format:

    \\computer
    --
    Best Wishes,