Networking with XP & Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. I have a home network using XP Home as my main computer. I am trying to
    configure a Windows 2000 Professional computer to access the internet
    wirelessly from my XP Home computer.

    I have enabled ICS in my XP Home computer and my Windows 2000 computer shows
    it connection, but the LAN activity has packets sent and nothing received.

    My taskbar on my Windows 2000 shows as though I am connected, but no web
    pages pull up.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks.
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

    atec77 Guest

    Ryan wrote:
    > I have a home network using XP Home as my main computer. I am trying to
    > configure a Windows 2000 Professional computer to access the internet
    > wirelessly from my XP Home computer.
    >
    > I have enabled ICS in my XP Home computer and my Windows 2000 computer shows
    > it connection, but the LAN activity has packets sent and nothing received.
    >
    > My taskbar on my Windows 2000 shows as though I am connected, but no web
    > pages pull up.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Thanks.

    check the logs to be sure the firewall is allowing actual access.
     
    atec77, Aug 10, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. What logs? The only firewall I am using is Microsoft's built in firewall.

    "atec77" <"atec77 **" wrote:

    > Ryan wrote:
    > > I have a home network using XP Home as my main computer. I am trying to
    > > configure a Windows 2000 Professional computer to access the internet
    > > wirelessly from my XP Home computer.
    > >
    > > I have enabled ICS in my XP Home computer and my Windows 2000 computer shows
    > > it connection, but the LAN activity has packets sent and nothing received.
    > >
    > > My taskbar on my Windows 2000 shows as though I am connected, but no web
    > > pages pull up.
    > >
    > > Can anyone help?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > check the logs to be sure the firewall is allowing actual access.
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Aug 10, 2006
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

    atec77 Guest

    Ryan wrote:
    > What logs? The only firewall I am using is Microsoft's built in firewall.
    >
    > "atec77" <"atec77 **" wrote:
    >
    >> Ryan wrote:
    >>> I have a home network using XP Home as my main computer. I am trying to
    >>> configure a Windows 2000 Professional computer to access the internet
    >>> wirelessly from my XP Home computer.
    >>>
    >>> I have enabled ICS in my XP Home computer and my Windows 2000 computer shows
    >>> it connection, but the LAN activity has packets sent and nothing received.
    >>>
    >>> My taskbar on my Windows 2000 shows as though I am connected, but no web
    >>> pages pull up.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> check the logs to be sure the firewall is allowing actual access.
    >>


    XP ?

    Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Event Viewer
     
    atec77, Aug 10, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8=?=

    Wireless Networking in Windows 2000

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF1bG8=?=, May 26, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    765
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=
    May 30, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2R1dHk=?=

    Networking XP and Windows 2000 Pro-HELP!

    =?Utf-8?B?a2R1dHk=?=, Jun 2, 2005, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    617
    Steve Winograd [MVP]
    Jun 7, 2005
  3. troy
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    485
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Smlt?=

    windows 2000 vs XP networking Problem

    =?Utf-8?B?Smlt?=, Mar 11, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    680
    Malke
    May 6, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UGFkZHkoU3VlKQ==?=

    Networking Windows 2000 & Windows XP

    =?Utf-8?B?UGFkZHkoU3VlKQ==?=, May 27, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    487
Loading...

Share This Page