    there is any other fix besides this?

    Thanks,
    Joe Parsons
    jmparsons3, Dec 12, 2009

  2. Yes, please install LLTD first. It could 3 rd party security software too.
    This post may help too: Windows Vista or 7 doesn't display Windows XP -
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8494&p=13473#p13473

    --
    Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Dec 12, 2009

  3. jmparsons3

    jmparsons3 Guest

    On Dec 12, 1:57 pm, "Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)" <>
    wrote:
    > Yes, please install LLTD first. It could 3 rd party security software too..
    > This post may help too: Windows Vista or 7 doesn't display Windows XP -http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8494&p=13473....
    >
    > --
    > Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    > Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net
    > How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >
    > "jmparsons3" <> wrote in message

    > >I have installed Win7 into a fresh partition on my laptop. Much of the
    > > time I am no longer able to see h XP machines on my office wireless
    > > network; I may be able to see them in the morning, but then they will
    > > mysteriously disappear.

    > > I can boot into the Vista partition on the same laptop and everything
    > > is fine.

    > > I understand that this is a common compatibility problem with Win 7.

    > > It seems that it's related to "Link Layer Topology Discovery" and
    > > there is a fix on the Microsoft download site (http://
    > >www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4F01A31D-EE46-481E-....).
    > > Before I install this on the XP machines, can anyone tell me whether
    > > there is any other fix besides this?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Joe Parsons- Hide quoted text -

    It looks like that did the trick. There are two different patches
    available--one for XP SP2 and another for XP SP3. Both seem to work
    okay; when I installed them on the XP machines.both miraculously
    appeared on my Win 7 machine.

    Thanks for your responses.

    Joe Parsons
    jmparsons3, Dec 13, 2009