    Is that mean I can not network windows 7 pc with xp laptop? of course
    laptop is wireless.
    TIA

    bardeban, Nov 25, 2009

  2. bardeban

    chuckcar Guest

    "bardeban" <> wrote in
    news:hekc5m$pap$-september.org:

    > I am trying to network my windows 7 PC with my XP laptop.
    > I read somewhere that you can only network windows7 pc with another
    > windows 7?
    > Is that mean I can not network windows 7 pc with xp laptop? of course
    > laptop is wireless.

    First try with a network cable. *Then* worry about trying to find how far
    away you can be with wireless.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 25, 2009

  3. bardeban

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:47:15 -0500, bardeban wrote:

    >I am trying to network my windows 7 PC with my XP laptop.

    Good start, so you followed what guide, got stuck where, something
    didn't work.

    Argh!! I hate that - to network.... say what you have in the way of
    connections wired, wireless, say what you want to do - share files,
    printer, internet.

    >I read somewhere that you can only network windows7 pc with another windows
    >7?

    Rubbish.

    >Is that mean I can not network windows 7 pc with xp laptop? of course
    >laptop is wireless.

    If the PC isn't wireless you didn't mention if it is, or it's hardwired
    to a wireless router.

    Laptop is likely to have a hardwired LAN port as well.

    >TIA

    Me

    why?, Nov 26, 2009