    sharing (Excel and Word files)
    And the ability to share a broadband inet connection (BT)

    Thanks:
    Peter C Digby, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Peter C Digby

    OnSite Guest

    You need more experience with Linux, to complete your task. Linux powers
    more of the Internet than you realize, networking is one of it's greatest
    features. Samba knowledge is paramount. I use a tool, www.webmin.com, that
    helps me quickly configure my Linux boxes.

    OnSite, Apr 23, 2004

  3. Peter C Digby

    Plato Guest

    OnSite wrote:

    > You need more experience with Linux, to complete your task. Linux powers
    > more of the Internet than you realize, networking is one of it's greatest

    Even more than that. It also runs about a jillion servers in the gloomy
    backrooms of many medium/large corporations even tho the workstations
    are of course, windows. Heck, after dealing with BSODs all day at folks
    desks one does need some relaxation back in the geek pit.
    Plato, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Thanks anyway - my linux box runs 24/7 and is used daily I just love the way
    it sits there and doesn't crash ! unless of course you start fiddling :)

    Investigating further.
    Peter C Digby, Apr 24, 2004