    Any solutions for mounting let us say drive C of my windows machine on my
    Mac(OSX 10.2.8) desktop???

    H Sridhar
    H Sridhar, Jun 18, 2004

  2. H Sridhar

    J.J. O'Shea Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 05:21:53 -0500, H Sridhar wrote
    (in article <BCF8BD49.4E0%>):

    > I have a D-Link 624+ router and a NIC from D-Link. My Internet connection is
    > ADSL thro a USB ADSL Modem connected to a Intelp4 machine running Windows XP
    > Home. In order to be able to share the internet connection for browsiing on
    > my Mac Powerbook I had to shut off the DHCP setting on the DLINK router.
    > I am unable to mount a Windows SMB volume from my Mac which is on the
    > network. I get an error message after the authentication screen. I am logged
    > in as an administrator on my windows machine and have set up file sharing
    > but I have no password to login as I did not specify any when I installed XP
    > home.

    Did you set NTFS security to allow access?

    This may help. <http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/3020.html>

    J.J. O'Shea, Feb 4, 2007

  3. H Sridhar

    David Hettel Guest

    Windows XP "Home" does not support mounting the C:\ drive at the root level,
    for that you need XP Pro. You can share selected folders this may help
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html and
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm

    --
    David Hettel