    to access the files on the main PC from the No 2 PC.

    Is this possible. Both systems run on WinXP. There is a Network card on the
    main PC. Basic question, but I have no idea.
    =?Utf-8?B?QWNlMTk1Ng==?=, May 9, 2006

  2. Aloha Ace1956,

    See if this helps: http://www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_network.htm

    -Ben-
    Ben M. Schorr, MVP
    Roland Schorr & Tower
    http://www.rolandschorr.com
    Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

    Ben M. Schorr - MVP, May 9, 2006

  3. Fantastic

    Thanks for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?QWNlMTk1Ng==?=, May 9, 2006
  4. Hi

    I am Not sure what the Hardware that you got is?

    Ben's answer above takes care of the configuration in case you got yourself
    a USB Modem (which is Not a good choice).

    Typically you need an External Ethernet Modem a Wireless Cable/DSL Router
    and you can configure a combo of Wire and Wireless Network.

    It looks like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    If you do have a Router do not configure your network the way it is
    explained the the geekgirles site since the configuration there uses ICS,
    and assumes that you do not have a Router.

    Post the exact model numbers of you r Hardware if you want a precise answer.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 9, 2006
  5. Do you mean the hardware detailed below. The modem is an ethernet connection,
    using the instructions seemed to work fine.

    How do you suggest that I set it up. Let me know if more details are
    required.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWNlMTk1Ng==?=, May 12, 2006