    All three are in the workgroup.

    I want to be able to see the hard drives, and also for the laptop to be able
    to print to the shared printer.
    Mark & Marci, Mar 15, 2005

  2. Mark & Marci

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Mark & Marci" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:3tZd.2682$UV2.2478@trnddc04...
    >I have three computers. One desktop and laptop are XP Pro, the other
    >desktop
    > is 2000 Pro. At present I have the two desktops sharing a printer but
    > cannot share the harddrives. I have the hard drive C: as setup for
    > sharing.
    > I am not able to see the other computer programs. I can see the
    > workgroup.
    > All three are in the workgroup.
    >
    > I want to be able to see the hard drives, and also for the laptop to be
    > able
    > to print to the shared printer.

    Did you run the XP "Home Network Setup Wizard"? Also, it's often required
    that to share resources on the W2K machine you need to have an account on it
    to match each XP account. In other words, if "Joe" uses XP, and wants to
    access the W2K system, there must be an account for "Joe" on that computer
    as well.
    Toolman Tim, Mar 15, 2005