Networking....that is the question.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by AF Member, Oct 17, 2003.

  1. AF Member

    AF Member Guest

    Hello out there in the would of Microsoft.

    I am trying to decide if MCSE is the best poss. way to go
    for networking. Im thinking about taking either the
    Microsoft Networking Degree or just MCSE with a poss. CCNP.

    Most of the stuff I do not is touching basis of some sort
    of networking.

    Should I persue or just go with CIS Degree or MIS Degree?

    -Ryan
    AF Member, Oct 17, 2003

  2. AF Member

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    it looks like in order to be competitive in the job market place, you need
    more than just an mcse.

    i believe that the current standard is
    MCSE + CCNP + some others. just search for the job you want to get and look
    at what they are requiring...

    Rowdy Yates, Oct 17, 2003

  3. AF Member

    LoRD Guest

    same here
    "Rowdy Yates" <> ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌ/ÓÏÏÂÝÉÌÁ × ÎÏ×ÏÓÔÑÈ
    ÓÌÅÄÕÀÝÅÅ: news:#...

    LoRD, Oct 17, 2003
  4. AF Member

    Ron Guest

    Hi Ryan, from my personal perspective you might want to
    obtain your Degree in CIS and obtain your MCSE.
    The reason I say this is because I myself hold a BBA in
    Computer Information Systems and am trying to achieve
    additional certifications as well; including the MCSE.
    Nowadays, if your an IT Professional it does you good to
    have achieved a Bachelor's Degree which is the basic
    requirement as well as some kind of certification.

    Ron, Oct 19, 2003
  5. AF Member

    CAT Guest

    Ron,

    I totally agree that you should obtain your degree if at all possible. I
    didn't have that opportunity and while certifications are great a degree is
    even greater. With a CIS degree you will have many more career options in
    the future. You can work on certifications during semester breaks and
    during the summer but concentrate on getting that all powerful CIS degree.

    CAT

    CAT, Oct 19, 2003