    CPU1 and CPU2 are both wireless and networked together. They run the same
    program but CPU2 has to access CPU because that's where the database is. It
    is extremely slow and there is a lag. How can I speed it up?

    MC Hammer, Feb 13, 2009

  2. MC Hammer

    John Guest

    The least you can do is tell us your operating systems and database in
    question. You didn't even mention what type of network connection you got;
    wireless A/B/G/N? or wired 10/100/1000??

    John, Feb 13, 2009

  3. MC Hammer

    David B. Guest

    What wireless are you using B, G?
    Best solution would be to hardwire the PC's to the network.

    David B., Feb 13, 2009
  4. MC Hammer

    MC Hammer Guest

    Both are running XP Pro, wireless G.

    MC Hammer, Feb 13, 2009
  5. Hi
    While a Wireless connection that is used to surf the Internet can function
    well with a transfer speed around 2Mb/sec. Local transfer of files at such a
    rate would be very slow.
    Wireless 802.11g at best provides 18 to 20Mb/sec. when the computers are few
    feet away from the Wireless Router and their TCP/IP stacks are optimized (
    Optimizing the TCP/IP Stack - http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html ).
    You have to provide much more technical data about the Wireless hardware and
    environmental conditions in order to make sense of the situation.
    May by some of the info that is in these pages can help.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 13, 2009