    will search and look for how to do it, I just want to know if it will work?

    Thanks

    Gordon :)

    SoundBytes, Apr 27, 2006

  2. SoundBytes

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:51:26 GMT, SoundBytes wrote:

    >Hi
    > I want to know that if I have a broadband modem, can I plug it directly
    >into a wireless network router so that I don't have wires running to atleast

    Yes, except for setting it up.

    >one pc which is what I have been told I have to do. if it's possible then I

    Funny that the guy yesterday said the samething and claimed to have read
    the instructions.

    >will search and look for how to do it, I just want to know if it will work?

    Read the replies to the same question asked yesterday.
    From: "JOHNNY 5" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Wireelss networking problem

    The Google link to the thread
    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...a5737/50a5594cfe781908?tvc=1#50a5594cfe781908
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H3502170D

    Me

    why?, Apr 27, 2006

  3. SoundBytes

    Tony Guest

    "SoundBytes" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I want to know that if I have a broadband modem, can I plug it directly
    > into a wireless network router so that I don't have wires running to
    > atleast one pc which is what I have been told I have to do. if it's
    > possible then I will search and look for how to do it, I just want to know
    > if it will work?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you have a USB modem then it is unlikely that you can plug it into a
    router. If you have an ethernet modem then you probably can. Alternatively
    you could buy a wireless router with a built in modem.

    Tony, Apr 27, 2006