Networking question about Netscreen 5XP Elite Router

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by BBrown, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. BBrown

    BBrown Guest

    I work in a company that has 11 people in one headquartered office that
    are networked within a Windows 2000 NT/Lotus Domino/Lotus Notes server
    system. We have 7 other people in 6 remote offices that we have
    networked as well.

    We currently have a T1 connection that is very expensive, and we are
    looking at upgrading everything with a DSL BellSouth 768/768 plan and
    putting in new Netscreen 5XP Elite routers.

    Can anyone give me feedback about ease of operation, reliability, and
    any other information on the Netscreen 5XP Elite? It is in the $900 to
    $1000 range, and we have been told that it should take care of our
    needs. There are SonicWALL products that would do what we need as well,
    but they are much more expensive.

    VPN capability is not now necessary, but that feature is included in the
    Netscreen 5XP Elite.

    ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated! I'll look forward to your responses.
    BBrown, Jul 30, 2003

  2. BBrown

    Leythos Guest

    In article <9WRVa.284$2.webusenet.com>, mrstangblb21
    @netscape.net says...
    > I work in a company that has 11 people in one headquartered office that
    > are networked within a Windows 2000 NT/Lotus Domino/Lotus Notes server
    > system. We have 7 other people in 6 remote offices that we have
    > networked as well.
    >
    > We currently have a T1 connection that is very expensive, and we are
    > looking at upgrading everything with a DSL BellSouth 768/768 plan and
    > putting in new Netscreen 5XP Elite routers.
    >
    > Can anyone give me feedback about ease of operation, reliability, and
    > any other information on the Netscreen 5XP Elite? It is in the $900 to
    > $1000 range, and we have been told that it should take care of our
    > needs. There are SonicWALL products that would do what we need as well,
    > but they are much more expensive.
    >
    > VPN capability is not now necessary, but that feature is included in the
    > Netscreen 5XP Elite.
    >
    > ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated! I'll look forward to your responses.

    Don't forget to look at the WatchGuard line of firewall products. While
    they are not in the cheap price range, they are great and it's very easy
    to configure the VPN connections for remote users.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Jul 30, 2003