    this query.
    TIA
    Brian Tozer

    KiwiBrian, Aug 25, 2005

  2. KiwiBrian

    XPD Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    news:dekuma$sp4$...

    > The installer has created a 'share' folder on the desktop of both PCs and
    > told her that to share files and folders they must be copied to this
    > 'share' folder.
    > What are the implications of using this method as opposed to the method I
    > use where all files and folders are available through "My Network Places"
    > on both my PCs?

    No difference at all, it just sounds like theyve setup a shortcut to the
    shared folder thats all.
    If you go into My Network Places, youll probably see that folder in there as
    well.

    XPD, Aug 25, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    Phstpok Guest

    XPD stubbed out the damp squib on 26/08/2005 8:13 a.m.and tried to bring
    to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>The installer has created a 'share' folder on the desktop of both PCs and
    >>told her that to share files and folders they must be copied to this
    >>'share' folder.
    >>What are the implications of using this method as opposed to the method I
    >>use where all files and folders are available through "My Network Places"
    >>on both my PCs?

    > No difference at all, it just sounds like theyve setup a shortcut to the
    > shared folder thats all.
    > If you go into My Network Places, youll probably see that folder in there as
    > well.

    It is just one of ms lighter security methods., Share just the one
    folder instead of seeing everything in both machines. You only see what
    the oher user wants you to see.

    Phstpok

    Phstpok, Aug 25, 2005