    the administrator. I have run the set network up wizard many times and it
    says that other computers cannot connect to this computer. What am I doing
    wrong? Help!!
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Feb 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Linksys wireless router and have my desktop PC (XP) connected to
    > broad band internet. I have managed to connect my laptop (also XP) to
    > this
    > internet connection. I am having problems sharing files and a printer
    > with
    > this setup. I have done this previously but can't ssem to work it out
    > now.
    > When I bring up network connections on my desktop, nothing is shown about
    > the
    > laptop and when I click "View Workgroup Computers" it says I need to
    > contact
    > the administrator. I have run the set network up wizard many times and it
    > says that other computers cannot connect to this computer. What am I
    > doing
    > wrong? Help!!

    You need to add the computers' IP addresses etc. to the firewalls of the
    machines; I think your FW is blocking access
    __spc__, Feb 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

    Carol Guest

    Open your Windows Explorer and find the folders you want to share, like My
    Documents and right click on the folder. At the bottom of the list that pops
    up you should see Properties. When you click on the properties you will see
    an option marked Sharing. There you can check to be sure your sharing is
    actually set for that folder. Also, are you using XP home or pro. If you
    have home, you shouldn't have too much problems, but if you have Pro you
    might have to set the type of sharing (which is not available in the home
    version). This can be important if you are using XP Pro.

    Carol, Feb 5, 2006