    internet. Also happens connected directly to modem. Tried resetting both
    router and modem to no avail, but other computer works fine when connected to
    either. Something needs to be reset in windows maybe?
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9tZW9K?=, Oct 6, 2006

  2. RomeoJ wrote:

    >can't connect to the internet. Was connected to a Linksys wired router in
    >my
    >old apt, but moved to a new apt. I installed the wireless card that came
    >with
    >the mobo fine during the move, used it till i got here, then tried using
    >the
    >wired LAN port on my new router and it says "connected, firewalled" but no
    >internet. Also happens connected directly to modem. Tried resetting both
    >router and modem to no avail, but other computer works fine when connected
    >either. Something needs to be reset in windows maybe?

    Did you perhaps enable Internet Connection Sharing on the wireless
    connection, making the wired connection the "internal" half? This would
    put the wired connection onto a fixed 192.168.1.1 address, thereby
    preventing it from being used to make an internet connection.

    If that's not the case, you should check that the wired network adapter is
    configured for DHCP, not a fixed IP.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Oct 7, 2006

  3. "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

    > Did you perhaps enable Internet Connection Sharing on the wireless
    > connection, making the wired connection the "internal" half? This would
    > put the wired connection onto a fixed 192.168.1.1 address, thereby
    > preventing it from being used to make an internet connection.
    >
    > If that's not the case, you should check that the wired network adapter is
    > configured for DHCP, not a fixed IP.

    You were right about DHCP, the connection was set for a static IP, not to
    obtain one. Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9tZW9K?=, Oct 8, 2006