    times, rebooted etc.
    Any suggestions, I am at a loss at this point.

    Charlie

    cc, May 12, 2005

  2. any difference if you connect via IP instead of machine name?

    Jeroen Wijnands, May 12, 2005

  3. cc

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:11:11 GMT, cc wrote:

    > I have two XP Pro machines networked together, machine 1, machine 2.
    >Machine 2 reads 1 perfectly. I am only sharing "Shared Document".
    >Machine 1 reads 2 as being in the network, but cant read the share. I
    >did set it up properly as far as I know. The little hand is under the
    >folder. I even shared the folders in the folder, my music etc.
    >The error I get when I click on the share is Not enough server space to
    >perform the operation. I did a site:micorsoft.com: the error message on
    >Google and got a bunch of hits. Mostly they all were referring to NT4.

    Still you did read them?

    That message can happen with some NIC drivers , service pack changes,
    have seen that before on NT4.

    A reinstall of the NIC driver did help as it replaces the odd file or
    two with the NIC version.

    >THere was a few registry hacks which I tried. Mostly the settings were

    No need to mention what they ware?

    >different. There was some comment about page file. I increased the size
    >to 1000-2000, I have 512 of RAM, that should be enough. I have less on

    Can be that as well, only ever saw it twice, it's more commonly the NIC.

    >Machine 2. I set up the network and workgroup on both machines numerous
    >times, rebooted etc.
    > Any suggestions, I am at a loss at this point.

    Disable the NIC on machine with the problem and buy a totally different
    brand.

    Me

    why?, May 12, 2005