    App Name App Version Module Name Module Version Offset
    Spoolsv.exe 5.1.2600.0 ntdll.dll

    TIA
    spy, Jan 13, 2004

  2. spy

    mcp6453 Guest

    spy wrote:

    > I have a laptop (XP Home) and a desktop (XP pro) networked through a
    > D-Link Router. Both computers can access the Internet and ping each
    > other, but will not appear under My Network Places. The laptop show
    > up on the laptop and the desktop on the desktop, but not on the other.
    > We also receive the following error when running the network wizard on
    > the desktop:
    >
    > Spoolsv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    > for the inconvenience.
    > If you view the data that the error report contains, you may receive
    > the following error signature information:
    >
    > App Name App Version Module Name Module Version Offset
    > Spoolsv.exe 5.1.2600.0 ntdll.dll
    >
    > TIA

    Could be a bad printer driver:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q322736
    mcp6453, Jan 13, 2004

  3. spy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    daults(spy)@comcsat.net wrote in news:cck600hn2fhc5mhpk41s2j4qbuf31k2nbc@
    4ax.com:

    > I have a laptop (XP Home) and a desktop (XP pro) networked through a
    > D-Link Router. Both computers can access the Internet and ping each
    > other, but will not appear under My Network Places. The laptop show
    > up on the laptop and the desktop on the desktop, but not on the other.
    > We also receive the following error when running the network wizard on
    > the desktop:
    >
    > Spoolsv.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
    > for the inconvenience.
    > If you view the data that the error report contains, you may receive
    > the following error signature information:
    >
    > App Name App Version Module Name Module Version Offset
    > Spoolsv.exe 5.1.2600.0 ntdll.dll
    >
    > TIA

    The Network Wizard is to be used to make a diskette that is to be
    installed on non NT based O/S(s) such as Win 9'x or ME so that a XP
    machine can network with it.

    For NT based O/S(s) like XP Home/Pro, Win2K Pro/Server and Win NT 4.0
    Workstation/Server, the XP Wizard is not needed.

    If the Bridge Icon is there with the NIC Icon in the Local Area
    Connections screen, then delete it.

    Use the Start Button and right-click on the My Computer
    Line/Properties/Computer Name/Network ID

    Your machines are not a business and they are not on a Domain and put the
    machines into the same Workgroup and can change the name to *daults* if
    you like.

    Check the NIC's Properties and make sure the NIC(s) on the machine are
    using the same Services such as MS File and Print and MS Networking, the
    other protocols being the same on both machines.

    *Harden* the XP O/S to attacks.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp.php

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 13, 2004
  4. spy

    Bill Nathan Guest

    You have to be under the same workgroup. Change it through the network setup
    wizard.

    Bill Nathan, Jan 14, 2004
  5. spy

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Bill Nathan" <> wrote in

    > You have to be under the same workgroup. Change it through the network
    > setup wizard.

    You can do it just like on Win2k and NT 4.0 by going to MY Computer Icon or
    line on XP and right-clicking and going to Network ID. I have found the
    Wizard to be bad news in most cases. <g>

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Jan 14, 2004
  6. spy

    mike Guest

    ensure work group name is the same under identification enable file and
    print sharing .... and very important disable any software fire wall you may
    be running on your computers you can enable them afterwards if this is the
    problem oh and did I say don't use the xp wizard hmmm no I didn't but looks
    like you did already there are a myriad of sites that talk you through
    simple network setups Practicallynetworked is a good one
    Hope it helps http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

    mike, Jan 16, 2004