Networking problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dave, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. dave

    dave Guest

    I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
    workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub. I
    then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
    together. Any ideas?

    Server

    Network Card 192.168.2.2
    No default gateway

    Wireless card 192.168.2.10
    Default gateway 192.168.2.1

    Workstation

    Network Card 192.168.2.3

    Wireless card 192.168.2.15
    dave, Jun 17, 2004

  2. dave

    Brian Guest

    "dave" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
    > workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub.

    > then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
    > together. Any ideas?
    >
    > Server
    >
    > Network Card 192.168.2.2
    > No default gateway
    >
    > Wireless card 192.168.2.10
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1
    >
    > Workstation
    >
    > Network Card 192.168.2.3
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1
    >
    > Wireless card 192.168.2.15
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1

    you need to put the 192.168.2.1 as dns server on all clients aswell...
    Brian, Jun 17, 2004

  3. dave

    > I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
    > workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub.

    > then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
    > together. Any ideas?
    >
    > Server
    >
    > Network Card 192.168.2.2
    > No default gateway
    >
    > Wireless card 192.168.2.10
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1
    >
    > Workstation
    >
    > Network Card 192.168.2.3
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1
    >
    > Wireless card 192.168.2.15
    > Default gateway 192.168.2.1

    or even the 192.168.2.2
    Brian, Jun 17, 2004
  4. dave

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "dave" <> wrote in

    > I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a
    > Windows XP workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru
    > a 4 port hub. I then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot
    > connect the machines together. Any ideas?

    Why do you have both wired and wireless connections in the same machine?
    If you are not using some of them, disable them. Can both machines ping
    the gateway? Can both machines ping each other? More information.
    Jim Berwick, Jun 17, 2004