networking problem.losing connectivity of printers plz help.

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by molokoka, Feb 25, 2009.

  1. molokoka

    molokoka

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi my name is Chris.i have a broblem in a small office network after a second server came up.i still have files i need in the old one so i can't switch it of yet.everytime i use a program and want to print i lose the connectivity with the server and the message "error can't connect to server 192.168.2.100" comes up so i need to log of and re login to the computer to finally print.The printers are not shared to the rest of the network,are stand alone only installed to 1 machine each time.i am sending u the configuration the previous guy made to the network.i hope u can help me out here thanks

    OLD SERVER:

    DHCP ENABLED NO
    IP ADDRESS 192.168.2.15
    SUBNET MASK 255.255.255.0
    DEFAULT GATEWAY 192.168.2.1
    DNS SERVERS 192.168.2.10
    192.168.2.100
    PRIMARY WINS SERVER 192.168.1.100

    NEW SERVER:

    DHCP ENABLED NO
    IP ADDRESS 192.168.2.100
    SUBNET MASK 255.255.255.0
    DEFAULT GATEWAY 192.168.2.1
    DNS SERVERS 192.168.2.100
    127.0.0.1

    COMPUTER WITH PROBLEM:

    DHCP ENABLED YES
    IP ADDRESS 192.168.2.158
    SUBNET MASK 255.255.255.0
    DEFAULT GATEWAY 192.168.2.1
    DHCP SERVER 192.168.2.100
    DNS SERVERS 192.168.2.1
    194.219.227.2 ---> ISP PROVIDERS DNS FOR THE INTERNET

    THE ROUTER IS A CISCO 1841 AND I USE A STATIC IP.
    molokoka, Feb 25, 2009