    What the heck am I missing?
    I even tried disabling the firewall...no luck.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHlvdWRlbg==?=, May 30, 2006

  2. Hi
    Might be a browser problem. Check your Browser.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 30, 2006

  3. Hi
    Are you getting a default gateway on the client, can you ping the gateway
    router ?, can you ping a website like www.telstra.com ?, is DNS resolving ?
    should be resolving to 144.135.19.10, if not try to ping the address only
    this could be a DNS issue

    Wayno

    =?Utf-8?B?d2F5bm8=?=, Jun 6, 2006
  4. Hi,

    I have a smiliar problem. I have a Dell laptop which was able to connect to
    the internet through cable at another location. But when I moved to a new
    location and tried to connect to its wireless network, a host of problems
    occurred. First there was a clash of IP address, which I solved somehow
    (don't exactly know how), and then when all the connection seems fine, I
    could not connect to the Internet. The signal is excellent and connection was
    OK.

    A previous laptop user shared the same router with a laptop and a desktop,
    and his laptop could easily connect to the Internet.

    I've a Dell Inspiron 6000 and it has never had a failure to access Internet
    problem after connection. I doubt it's a browser problem because I was using
    it up till the day I switched to this new wirless network (it uses a WEP 64
    bits).

    I've also tried rebooting, disabling/enabling wirless, getting rid of both
    Norton and Windows Firewall, and nothing worked.

    Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks!

    MiNL

    =?Utf-8?B?TWlOTA==?=, Jul 27, 2006