    the access permissions arnt set.

    Can anyone help me to set up a network properly.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZ2d5?=, Sep 20, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZ2d5?=

    Malke Guest

    shaggy wrote:

    > Hi
    > I got a right migrane here. I am using a wireless connection at home.
    > I am trying to share files with another computer in the house.
    > I can never seem to be able to access the other computer or if i try
    > it says the access permissions arnt set.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to set up a network properly.

    Run the Network Setup Wizard on both computers, making sure to enable
    File & Printer Sharing, and reboot. The only "gotcha" is that this will
    turn on the XPSP2 Windows Firewall. If you aren't running a third-party
    firewall or have an antivirus with "Internet Worm Protection" (like
    Norton 2005/06) which acts as a firewall, then you're fine. If you have
    third-party firewall software, configure it to allow the Local Area
    Network traffic as trusted. I usually do this with my firewalls with an
    IP range. Ex. would be 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.254. Obviously you would
    substitute your correct subnet.

    If one or more of the computers is XP Pro:

    accounts/passwords on all computers.

    b. If you don't care about using Pro's advanced features, leave the
    Simple File Sharing enabled.

    resources. This is a security hole but only you can decide if it
    matters in your situation.

    Shared Documents folder.

    If that doesn't work for you, here is an excellent network
    troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the time to go through it
    and it will usually pinpoint the problem area(s) -
    http://winhlp.com/wxnet.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Sep 20, 2006

  3. Thanks Malke

    It works fine now.

    Ill put you on my Christmas card list.

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZ2d5?=, Sep 20, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?c2hhZ2d5?=

    Malke Guest

    shaggy wrote:

    > Thanks Malke
    >
    > It works fine now.
    >
    > Ill put you on my Christmas card list.
    >
    > Thanks

    You're very welcome. Thanks for taking the time to let me know.

    Malke

    Malke, Sep 20, 2006