    192.168.1.1 and 192.168.15.1 conected to it with 2 computers on 1.1 and
    another 2 computers on 15.1 how do i file share between the 2 networks
    with all computers runing xp pro?

    Psy, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Psy

    why? Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 13:25:48 -0800, Psy wrote:

    >I have 4 computers on 2 diffrent networks that are conected to each
    >other set up like this. Modem -->router 192.168.23.1 that has router
    >192.168.1.1 and 192.168.15.1 conected to it with 2 computers on 1.1 and
    >another 2 computers on 15.1 how do i file share between the 2 networks
    >with all computers runing xp pro?

    Isn't that 3 networks - 23.1 / 1.1 / 15.1?

    Don't do it that way, it may be interesting to try, but has issues. I
    played around with this at home and although it was only Netgear /
    Belkin kit they just won't work this way.

    You could maybe try dual NICs? I have never tried this.

    Have a PC as a file share on the 23.1 setup, it's assumed the modem
    provides internet access, and hence both 1.1 and 15.1 can see the 23.1
    router. This is at least a common point in your setup.

    Simplify things, if you want different networks , cut it down to 2. The
    23.1 and only 1 other router 1.1 or 15.1.

    However you make no mention of the brand / detailed models of the router
    in your setup or what you tried.

    You could get a Cisco 3000, 4500 , 2651 routers and a switch (or a
    router/switch with VLANs) this works just fine at work.

    The Cisco 3000 is very simple, configure the PCs on each subnet, add a
    single line in the 3000 config for each subnet ,plug everything into a
    switch.

    Me

    why?, Jan 29, 2006

  3. Psy

    Psy Guest

    have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and
    15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2
    " conected to 23.1 conected to the the vonage router 23.1 then another
    linksys vonage router connected to it "192.168.15.1 RT31P2" conected to
    23.1
    i have 2 computers conected to 1.1 one with cat 5 the other with
    802.11g and another conected to 15.1 did have a laptop conected but
    harddrive is not being reconized at this time ???????? (hits head on
    wall and cries)

    Psy, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Psy

    Psy Guest

    All computers can access the internet

    Psy, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Psy

    Psy Guest

    have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and
    15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2
    " conected to 23.1 conected to the the vonage router 23.1 then another
    linksys vonage router connected to it "192.168.15.1 RT31P2" conected to
    23.1
    i have 2 computers conected to 1.1 one with cat 5 the other with
    802.11g and another conected to 15.1 did have a laptop conected but
    harddrive is not being reconized at this time in bios

    All computers can get online and the ones on the same network can share
    files ex 2 computes on 1.1 can see each other

    i want to share files between 1.1 and 15.1 network computers

    Psy, Jan 29, 2006
  6. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    why? wrote:

    >On 29 Jan 2006 13:25:48 -0800, Psy wrote:
    >

    >Isn't that 3 networks - 23.1 / 1.1 / 15.1?
    >
    >Don't do it that way, it may be interesting to try, but has issues. I
    >played around with this at home and although it was only Netgear /
    >Belkin kit they just won't work this way.
    >
    >You could maybe try dual NICs? I have never tried this.
    >
    >Have a PC as a file share on the 23.1 setup, it's assumed the modem
    >provides internet access, and hence both 1.1 and 15.1 can see the 23.1
    >router. This is at least a common point in your setup.
    >
    >Simplify things, if you want different networks , cut it down to 2. The
    >23.1 and only 1 other router 1.1 or 15.1.
    >
    >However you make no mention of the brand / detailed models of the router
    >in your setup or what you tried.
    >
    >You could get a Cisco 3000, 4500 , 2651 routers and a switch (or a
    >router/switch with VLANs) this works just fine at work.
    >
    >The Cisco 3000 is very simple, configure the PCs on each subnet, add a
    >single line in the 3000 config for each subnet ,plug everything into a
    >switch.
    >
    >Me

    What does this speculation lead to?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    Psy wrote:

    have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    >diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and
    >15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    >way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    >crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    >conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2
    >" conected to 23.1 conected to the the vonage router 23.1 then another
    >linksys vonage router connected to it "192.168.15.1 RT31P2" conected to
    >23.1
    >i have 2 computers conected to 1.1 one with cat 5 the other with
    >802.11g and another conected to 15.1 did have a laptop conected but
    >harddrive is not being reconized at this time in bios
    >
    >All computers can get online and the ones on the same network can share
    >files ex 2 computes on 1.1 can see each other
    >
    >i want to share files between 1.1 and 15.1 network computers

    What about machines worries you?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  8. Psy wrote:

    I have 4 computers on 2 diffrent networks that are conected to each
    >192.168.1.1 and 192.168.15.1 conected to it with 2 computers on 1.1 and
    >another 2 computers on 15.1 how do i file share between the 2 networks
    >with all computers runing xp pro?

    Do computers worry you?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  9. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    why? wrote:

    >On 29 Jan 2006 13:25:48 -0800, Psy wrote:
    >

    >Isn't that 3 networks - 23.1 / 1.1 / 15.1?
    >
    >Don't do it that way, it may be interesting to try, but has issues. I
    >played around with this at home and although it was only Netgear /
    >Belkin kit they just won't work this way.
    >
    >You could maybe try dual NICs? I have never tried this.
    >
    >Have a PC as a file share on the 23.1 setup, it's assumed the modem
    >provides internet access, and hence both 1.1 and 15.1 can see the 23.1
    >router. This is at least a common point in your setup.
    >
    >Simplify things, if you want different networks , cut it down to 2. The
    >23.1 and only 1 other router 1.1 or 15.1.
    >
    >However you make no mention of the brand / detailed models of the router
    >in your setup or what you tried.
    >
    >You could get a Cisco 3000, 4500 , 2651 routers and a switch (or a
    >router/switch with VLANs) this works just fine at work.
    >
    >The Cisco 3000 is very simple, configure the PCs on each subnet, add a
    >single line in the 3000 config for each subnet ,plug everything into a
    >switch.
    >
    >Me

    What would you do if me want different networks?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  10. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    Psy wrote:

    have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    >diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and
    >15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    >way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    >crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    >conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2
    >" conected to 23.1 conected to the the vonage router 23.1 then another
    >linksys vonage router connected to it "192.168.15.1 RT31P2" conected to
    >23.1
    >i have 2 computers conected to 1.1 one with cat 5 the other with
    >802.11g and another conected to 15.1 did have a laptop conected but
    >harddrive is not being reconized at this time ???????? (hits head on
    >wall and cries)

    Don't you think computers can help people?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  11. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  12. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    Psy wrote:

    have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    >diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and
    >15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    >way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    >crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    >conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2
    >" conected to 23.1 conected to the the vonage router 23.1 then another
    >linksys vonage router connected to it "192.168.15.1 RT31P2" conected to
    >23.1
    >i have 2 computers conected to 1.1 one with cat 5 the other with
    >802.11g and another conected to 15.1 did have a laptop conected but
    >harddrive is not being reconized at this time in bios
    >
    >All computers can get online and the ones on the same network can share
    >files ex 2 computes on 1.1 can see each other
    >
    >i want to share files between 1.1 and 15.1 network computers

    What do you think machines have to do with your problem?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  13. Psy

    why? Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 14:03:55 -0800, Psy wrote:

    >have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    >diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and

    Different buildings next to each other?

    Generally physically split sites I guess I would do.

    1) building with ISP connection
    Modem / Router

    Add a VPN / firewall device.

    2) other building , connects to (1)

    Add a VPN / firewall device. You could use Linux / Windows or something
    , depending on PCs numbers like a Cisco PIX 501.

    Configure the VPN device to talk only to each other.

    3) 3rd building , connects to (1)

    This way you can wither have 3 subnets / different networks or allow
    DHCP from (1) to make the range of addresses the same.

    >15.1 are conected into 23.1 with static ip addresses. had to do it this
    >way because the router that is conected to the computer keeped
    >crashing. so i have a linksys vonage router "192.168.23.1 RT31P2"
    >conected to my cable modem and a wireless router "192.168.1.1 WRT54G v2

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2006
  14. Psy

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:15:33 GMT, why? wrote:

    >On 29 Jan 2006 14:03:55 -0800, Psy wrote:
    >
    >>have to run on 3 networks i have vonage and the computers are in 2
    >>diffrent buildings so i gess its technly an wan. the 2 routers 1.1 and

    >Different buildings next to each other?
    >
    >Generally physically split sites I guess I would do.
    >
    >1) building with ISP connection
    >Modem / Router
    >
    >Add a VPN / firewall device.
    >
    >2) other building , connects to (1)
    >
    >Add a VPN / firewall device. You could use Linux / Windows or something

    <snip>

    >3) 3rd building , connects to (1)

    That would also be add a VPN device for this building as well :)

    >This way you can wither have 3 subnets / different networks or allow
    >DHCP from (1) to make the range of addresses the same.

    <snip>

    >Me

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2006
  15. Psy

    why? Guest

    On 29 Jan 2006 13:25:48 -0800, Psy wrote:

    >I have 4 computers on 2 diffrent networks that are conected to each
    >other set up like this. Modem -->router 192.168.23.1 that has router
    >192.168.1.1 and 192.168.15.1 conected to it with 2 computers on 1.1 and
    >another 2 computers on 15.1 how do i file share between the 2 networks
    >with all computers runing xp pro?

    Have just seen this, although it's to isolate LANs, maybe you could as
    in a new thread the opposite :)

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
    Multiple LANs - One Internet Connection
    9 new of 9 DLR (6 authors) Jan 26

    From: "gregorre8
    Subject: Multiple LANs - One Internet Connection
    Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
    Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:59:06 GMT

    Or in a newsgroup specific to the OS you are using.

    There should also still be around several Linux router options, so you
    have 3 NICs - Internet , LAN1 , LAN2. This way it does the hard work.

    Me

    why?, Jan 30, 2006
  16. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    why? wrote:

    >On 29 Jan 2006 14:03:55 -0800, Psy wrote:
    >

    >Different buildings next to each other?
    >
    >Generally physically split sites I guess I would do.
    >
    >1) building with ISP connection
    >Modem / Router
    >
    >Add a VPN / firewall device.
    >
    >2) other building , connects to (1)
    >
    >Add a VPN / firewall device. You could use Linux / Windows or something
    >, depending on PCs numbers like a Cisco PIX 501.
    >
    >Configure the VPN device to talk only to each other.
    >
    >3) 3rd building , connects to (1)
    >
    >This way you can wither have 3 subnets / different networks or allow
    >DHCP from (1) to make the range of addresses the same.
    >

    >Me

    What does that difference suggest to you?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  17. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    why? wrote:

    >On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:15:33 GMT, why? wrote:
    >

    >That would also be add a VPN device for this building as well :)
    >

    >Me

    Have you asked such questions before?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006
  18. Re: Re: Networking and file sharing

    why? wrote:

    >On 29 Jan 2006 13:25:48 -0800, Psy wrote:
    >

    >Have just seen this, although it's to isolate LANs, maybe you could as
    >in a new thread the opposite :)
    >
    >http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
    >Multiple LANs - One Internet Connection
    >9 new of 9 DLR (6 authors) Jan 26
    >
    >From: "gregorre8

    >Newsgroups: comp.dcom.lans.ethernet
    >Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 01:59:06 GMT
    >
    >Or in a newsgroup specific to the OS you are using.
    >
    >There should also still be around several Linux router options, so you
    >have 3 NICs - Internet , LAN1 , LAN2. This way it does the hard work.
    >
    >Me

    Oh, I could as?

    Liza Smorgaborgsson, Jan 30, 2006