    far. But when I try to use the 32-bit version, I have no internet. Any
    suggestions? Internet works fine on x64 but it doesn't work on 32-bit. Help
    me out...
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Have you checked device manager on XP 32 bit to see if the modem is working
    properly?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005

  3. Yes I did that and the network card is working properly. I can go on the web
    great on x64. But on 32-bit its nillage. Seems as if the network card would
    go to the web if i'm on x64, otherwise it wont go.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Remove the modem from Device Manager, restart the machine and add it back
    through hardware wizard.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 14, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Andre:
    It sounds ike it may be a Nvidia firewall issue that was
    discussed in earlier posts.

    Dennis Pack, Jun 15, 2005
  6. Explain please. I don't have a nvidia video card in the machine. Why would
    that make a difference? Its just weird that I couldn't surf the web on
    32-bit windows but I could on 64-bit.. Right now I just have 64-bit trial
    running. I tired to install 32-bit alone and I still couldn't get on the
    network. But when I reinstalled x64, the network runs great. I'm only
    missing one driver and thats for my video capture card. Everything else
    seems to be running fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=, Jun 15, 2005
  7. So, its not an nVidia Firewall, did you do what I say when I said you should
    remove the device from under Device Manager?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 15, 2005
  8. No I didn't but i'll keep it in mind if i decide to go back to it. 64-bit is
    running well so far. I'll use that for now. I just need to get a full copy
    of x64 so I can use it in the future. And hope that they get a 64-bit driver
    for my video capture card.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=, Jun 15, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Glad x64 is working well for you. A little more detail of how you are set
    up and what you mean by your terms as well as what video capture card you
    are looking for drivers for might get more help. Are you dual booting from
    the two drives and what browser are you using. If IE do both IE32 and IE64
    work on your x64 system and IE doesn't work on the X86 system? Have you
    checked the network settings in your x86 IE to see if they somehow got
    reset?

    John Barnes, Jun 15, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=

    James Park Guest

    He said Nvidia firewall, the one built into nForce chipsets. If you have it
    installed, uninstall it; if you don't have it installed, install it and then
    uninstall it. That's what fixed the problem for those who had it.

    James Park, Jun 15, 2005
  11. Explain to me how I can cut this built-in firewall off. I would assume that
    the ASUS AV8-E(i think thats what it is) has the chipset b/c it hyped Nvidia.
    Maybe I should have put a Nvidia video card in my machine. Mine is ATI...

    As for the Capture Card Drivers, I doubt the company is supporting it. I
    sent a email to them and waiting for a response. I can't find drivers for my
    Logitech WebCam either. My iPod works great on it. I might put Windows
    32-bit back on it for dual boot to try to fix the problem. After my 120 days
    are up, I will be left without a operating system. I don't know anywhere I
    can buy the x64 edition.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhbXBEMTAxMg==?=, Jun 16, 2005