    and play via another tv ie in bedroom?

    milo
    ____-
    milo, Apr 5, 2004

  2. milo

    Thor Guest

    I believe it can be done. You need a few things. One, is a wireless video
    sender unit that uses radio signals to beam a DVD/VCR/Game AV signal to
    another room/TV, where you have the wireless video receiver placed. This
    gets the signal to the TV located in the other room. Secondly, you need
    something that will allow you to use the game controls. I would suggest
    buying a set of wireless game controllers. I think most of these use
    infrared emitters just like TV remote controls. So you can get what is
    called a remote control extender unit. They make these for people who have
    satellite or cable recievers in another room, etc. so they can still control
    and watch satellite or cable programming on another TV without having a
    second receiver in that room. They should work with infrared wireless game
    controllers too.

    "milo" <> wrote in message
    > g'day . i know u can network 2 computers but can u network
    > ap ps2 between 2 different tvs?? ie have it in one room and use the

    controls

    Thor, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Good day Milo. Well to answer your question to can you network or system
    link 2 PS2's together w/ the network adapter the answer is NO. I tried to do
    this with a Ethernet switch/ router. Also tried CAT5 and Cross-Over network
    cables. And the PS2's network adapter did not see each other at all. But if
    the 2 PS2's are on the same Cable or DSL Broadband (ISP) network that is
    connected to the same switch/router then this will work. Online connections
    ONLY though! But one there are no games for PS2 system link capabilities and
    two the intent of the PS2 network adapter is for online play ONLY. So in
    closing if you and other gaming buddies need to play together you will each
    need to have an Xbox or a Game Cube console and a CAT5 cable for the hook up
    to the consoles. The Xbox and the Game Cube has built-in capabilities for
    system link and has games for this as well. And that's 4 players per TV.
    That's so cool. Hope this helps.
    Computer Doctor, Apr 5, 2004
  4. milo

    Thor Guest

    "ie have it in one room and use the controls
    and play via another tv ie in bedroom"

    Sounds to me like he wants to have the console in one room connected to a
    TV, but also have the option to be able to play it on a TV in a different
    room, without having to move the entire console system. It doesn't sound
    like he is trying to literally "network" two consoles together.

    Thor, Apr 6, 2004