    --
    Andy

    email: sweetandylicious at eml dot cc

    Sweet Andy Licious, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Sweet Andy Licious

    D Guest

    make sure both computers are in the same workgroup and on the same subnet
    (ie: 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2).

    the way I am most comfortable with is by using a router (Linksys has been
    good to me) to share the internet connection.

    then you can share a printer by right clicking on the icon for that printer
    and choosing share. then when you install on the second computer (the one
    it is not physically connected to), point to the printer on the 1st
    computer.

    for file sharing you would right click a folder in computer 1 and choose
    sharing. then on computer 2, right click 'my computer' and choose 'map a
    network drive'.

    HTH

    D, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Howdy!

    "Sweet Andy Licious" <> wrote in message
    > What software would I use for file sharing and printer sharing between 2
    > home computers sharing the same broadband connection. Both are Windows XP
    > Home.

    Windows XP Home. You've got all you need software wise.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Oct 30, 2004
  4. Sweet Andy Licious

    TheRedCat Guest

    On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:09:58 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    >"Sweet Andy Licious" <> wrote in message
    >> What software would I use for file sharing and printer sharing between 2
    >> home computers sharing the same broadband connection. Both are Windows XP
    >> Home.

    > Windows XP Home. You've got all you need software wise.
    >
    > RwP

    Right-click on the folder or printer you want to share and select the
    Share tab to allow others on the network to access the device. You may
    also need to play around with security setting for users.

    Hope this helps.

    TheRedCat, Oct 30, 2004