Networking 4 XP SP2 Machines Wirelessly

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Me, Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Hi guys!

    Heres a question for you...

    A number of us are trying to network three desktops and a laptop using
    wireless (108mbps), the desktops are using USB sticks, and the laptop has a
    PC Card, all Netgear.

    We have got a Netgear 108 ADSL Router for an AOL account. We have entered
    the username and password (shows LPC(?) Error on status).

    One machine is too far away so we have put an access point in as a repeater
    but we're unsure how to get the router to use the access point as a relay to
    the third machine.

    All machines are using DHCP, 2 desktops and 1 laptop can all get an IP from
    the router, but the third one wont even connect to the access point and wont
    show any IP as it isnt connected to either the access point or the router.
    They are all also using Netgear software for config.

    We have put the MAC address of the router in the access point settings. Is
    this all that we need to do? It is a D-link 108, does it have to be Netgear
    too?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Woady
    Me, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Me

    DLink Guru Guest

    What dlink model AP are you using?

    Robert...

    DLink Guru, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    "DLink Guru" <> wrote in message
    > What dlink model AP are you using?
    >
    > Robert...

    DWL-2100AP I think
    Me, Apr 18, 2005
  4. Me

    DLink Guru Guest

    It will only repeat other Atheros based Access Points. Is your router using
    a Atheros Chipset?

    Robert....

    DLink Guru, Apr 18, 2005