    cable that simply connects it is only one way, right?

    -Travis (don't go to much trouble answering this, it's not that
    important)

    Uplink, Feb 24, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Uplink wrote:
    > I just got my new Dell Inspiron computer, Windows XP, I don't think you
    > need the stats but I have my other Dell laptop has Windows XP too. I
    > want to know if there's a way to network them both together without
    > using a router.

    No, you will not need a router, unless you also want to share a
    broadband internet connection using your laptop's ethernet port.

    > I don't want wireless either but if there is no way then I'll find my
    > dlink wireless adapter i bought at one time.
    >
    > Or does a network need a router to put the information there because a
    > cable that simply connects it is only one way, right?

    No it doesn't, the cable is duplex (works both ways.)

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    ok, i have dial-up so ethernet sharing doesn't matter, so I just have
    to connect the blue ethernet cable to the desktop and laptop and set it
    up

    -thanks

    Uplink, Feb 24, 2006