    assignment.

    Any suggestions?

    -Hill
    Hill, Jul 14, 2007

  2. Rather than set a static IP address have you considered reserving an
    address within your DHCP scope? Your DHCP server might support this,
    but you will probably need to find the MAC of the printers network card.

    Richard Giagnacovo, Jul 14, 2007

  3. Hill

    Hill Guest

    Your idea seems to be a solution. I changed the starting address from
    192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.101 so that I could reserve 100 for the printer.

    Meanwhile I had stumbled onto a way to set the ip address of the Lexmark.
    Using "Network Scanner" I found the printer and was able to connect to it
    using http. For an unknown reason my attempt to connect using IE was unable
    to make the connection.

    Network Scanner is available at
    http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/ . I right clicked on
    the found ip address to connect.

    So far things seem to be ok. Thanks for your input.

    Hill, Jul 14, 2007