    computers all I see is my own computer.

    We operate a home internet business full time and this issue is driving us
    crazy and wasting much time with no results. Please help!

    Diana, Mar 13, 2008

  2. My experiences with Netgear wireless has been less than pleasing. When we
    were using Netgear wireless devices, we found that quite regularly the
    signal would drop out and back in for no reason. We moved to Linksys and
    that issue stopped. So I don't know if Netgear are doing something wrong but
    you may have something similar.

    Tsunami Australia, Mar 14, 2008

  3. Diana

    smlunatick Guest

    On Mar 13, 8:04 pm, "Tsunami Australia" <de-
    -spam> wrote:
    > My experiences with Netgear wireless has been less than pleasing. When we
    > were using Netgear wireless devices, we found that quite regularly the
    > signal would drop out and back in for no reason. We moved to Linksys and
    > that issue stopped. So I don't know if Netgear are doing something wrong but
    > you may have something similar.
    >
    > "Diana" <.(donotspam)> wrote in message

    > > I have a wireless home network with a new Netgear Rangemax wireless router
    > > and cable modem. This pc is attached directly to modem/router and another
    > > XPhome PC and 2 XPHome laptops are connected wirelessly. Internet
    > > connection
    > > is excellent for all computers, but file sharing comes and goes for no
    > > obvious reason. (Had much the same problem with previous older Netgear
    > > router.) Directories are shared correctly, firewalls are not blocking that
    > > can see, and, as I said, sometimes some can connect to others, most often
    > > can access the wireless machines' files but they can't access me.

    > > But suddenly we have a new issue...All machines are blocked from the other
    > > members of the workgroup with permissions errors, though I can still
    > > access
    > > files via the network neighborhood shortcuts. When I try to view workgroup
    > > computers all I see is my own computer.

    > > We operate a home internet business full time and this issue is driving us
    > > crazy and wasting much time with no results. Please help!- Hide quoted text -

    My "experience" with these type of problem was a defective USB 2.0 add-
    in card. My wireless adapters on the USB 2.0 ports kept loosing all
    wireless networks (including my own.) I replaced then and all seem to
    be find since.

    smlunatick, Mar 14, 2008
  4. I haven't heard of a success story yet with any USB wireless adapter. Maybe
    there's a confliction somewhere between the two.

    Tsunami Australia, Mar 14, 2008
  5. Hi
    If all computers can use the Internet than it is Not Hardware problem.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -