    Have the modem connected to router,router connected to PC via ethernet card.

    Neither PC can see the routers SSID........... Any ideas ?

    P.......pulling hair out.......

    Drew Peacock, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Can you access the router's setup interface (Usually 192.168.1.1)? Is the
    SSID being broadcast? Do you have a firewall/ Is it on? Post the results of
    an ipconfig.
    Did you follow the router setup procedure?

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Drew Peacock

    Tanya Guest

    You have to connect with a wired connection first to enable the wireless in
    the router. Mine came with wireless disabled.

    Tanya, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Drew Peacock

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    It is a very good practice to have at least one computer connected with
    Wire.

    Doing so ensure that you can always connect to the Network peripheral for
    configuration.

    Wireless at times might be Unstable, and if you are in the middle of
    configuration you can end up with non functional Network.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Nov 3, 2004