  1. Just wondering if there are any updates to the article refering to creating a
    wireless network using XP without a router? Also, wondering if there is a
    wireless card on the market that would be recommended for this?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24=?=, Sep 3, 2006

  2. "Jason" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just wondering if there are any updates to the article refering to
    > creating a
    > wireless network using XP without a router? Also, wondering if there is a
    > wireless card on the market that would be recommended for this?

    You set up "ad hoc" mode which is computer to computer, no router. At the
    computer with Internet access, you make sure the connection to Internet is
    changed so you use ICS or Internet Connection Sharing. You route all other
    computers through the one with Internet connected to it and then they all
    get Internet. The only problem is that the one with Internet has to be on
    for any of the others to also get it which is why a router is better.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Hi
    This page describes the principle.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx?pf=trueHi
    However using a Wireless Cable/DSL Router might be about $20, but would
    yield a more flexible stable Network.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 4, 2006