    would it not work?
    --
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jan 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    You just have to double-click on the .exe file that is created by XP (on
    your USB or floppy) on your 98SE system. It will then copy all the
    necessary system files and settings. Reboot the 98SE PC for changes to
    take place.

    Alternatively, you can run from Windows XP CD on your Win98SE system.

    It is not a wizard like you get in XP. You might have to do manual
    changes from Communications section of 98SE.

    hth

    ANONYMOUS, Jan 27, 2006

  3. I did all that but it did not work. I started again from the begining very
    carefully and it seemed to work so far but I still do not have a working
    Network ----- the computers cannot see each other. It seems this may be
    because W98 computer does not have an IP address. I am trying now to enter
    an IP address (obtained from the XP machine) but I cannot find how to do it.
    Instruction I get says to open Networks, click on the relevant Card listed
    and then on the "IP address tab". There is no such tab. I have searched
    everywhere I can think of but cannot find anything like an IP address tab in
    the Network menue, in Help or anywhere else. Can you advise with this? How
    do I enter an address ii W98se?
    --
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jan 29, 2006
  4. I have employed a local computer techi but after nearly 3 hours he was still
    unable to get the Network to receive data on my W98 machine. He had to give
    up for the present and we are going to try something else. If I had
    continued trying on my own (its so very easy I was told) I would have gone on
    for ever without success.
    --
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Feb 3, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

    Bobo Guest

    I managed to network xp with win 98 by installing NetBeui protocol on both
    network setups
    but you will need to install it on the xp machine from the xp CD as its not
    installed by default
    look here
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301041&sd=tech for
    info