    changing the workgroup name with no success.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rutetuti, Mar 21, 2010

  2. Hi
    When configured on peer-to-peer Network.Win 7 has three types of Sharing
    configurations.
    Home Network = Works only between Win 7 computers. This type of
    configuration makes it very easy to Entry Level Users to start Network
    sharing.
    Work Network = Basically similar to the previous methods of sharing that let
    you control what, how, and to whom folders would be shared with.
    Public Sharing = Public Network (like Internet cafe) to reduce security
    risks.
    The Work Network is the one that most of us are going (and need) to use.
    Win 7 Work Network's Sharing settings are in principle similar to Vista's
    configuration (some menu in locations in Win 7 might be in different place,
    and look a little different, but it should not be a problem for a compute to
    adopt)
    So, maybe this can Help.
    Firewall instructions.
    Win -7
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...mputers-running-different-versions-of-Windows
    Win7 Work Network with a little visual help),
    ,http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windows7/windows7_sharing.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    When finished with the setting of the system it is advisable to Reboot all
    the hardware including Router and all computers involved.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Mar 22, 2010

  3. Rutetuti

    Rutetuti Guest

    Hi Thanks for the feedback.

    As soon as I set the win 7 machine to leave the Homegroup then everything
    worked!

    Rutetuti, Mar 23, 2010