    Any help please? Thanks in advance.
    --
    Note: This message is also posted in the winxp.general newsgroup
    Joe, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:jJUuf.27148$,
    Joe spewed forth:
    > Hi. I have Win XP SP2. I have a Linksys wireless router and a desktop
    > and laptop which are acting up. The Desktop is connected with Ethernet
    > from the router, and the laptop is wireless. Both computers are in the
    > same workgroup. when I go to my network places and click on 'view
    > workgroup computers', both computers show up. But when I double click
    > on the other computer, it tells me that it is not found or I may not
    > have permission to use this network resource. Same thing happens if I
    > type \\HOM1\ from the desktop (HOM1 is the computer name of the
    > laptop) or \\HOS1\ from the labtop (HOS1 is the name of the desktop).
    >
    > I need to share folders and a printer but it wont let me. For example,
    > if i type in the address bar \\HOS1\SharedDocs to access a shared
    > folder, the same message I described above comes up. On HOS1, I gave
    > Full control permissions to everyone in the security tab and sharing
    > tab when I right clicked the folder.
    >
    > Any help please? Thanks in advance.

    Did you run the home networking setup wizard on both computers?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 4, 2006

  3. Joe

    PC Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I have Win XP SP2. I have a Linksys wireless router and a desktop and
    > laptop which are acting up. The Desktop is connected with Ethernet from
    > the router, and the laptop is wireless. Both computers are in the same
    > workgroup. when I go to my network places and click on 'view workgroup
    > computers', both computers show up. But when I double click on the other
    > computer, it tells me that it is not found or I may not have permission to
    > use this network resource. Same thing happens if I type \\HOM1\ from the
    > desktop (HOM1 is the computer name of the laptop) or \\HOS1\ from the
    > labtop (HOS1 is the name of the desktop).
    >
    > I need to share folders and a printer but it wont let me. For example, if
    > i type in the address bar \\HOS1\SharedDocs to access a shared folder, the
    > same message I described above comes up. On HOS1, I gave Full control
    > permissions to everyone in the security tab and sharing tab when I right
    > clicked the folder.
    >
    > Any help please? Thanks in advance.
    > --
    > Note: This message is also posted in the winxp.general newsgroup

    Check your Firewall settings.

    Websites that may help you:
    http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/hmnetwk1.html
    http://www.networkmagic.com/

    Cheers
    Paul.
    PC, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:jJUuf.27148$,
    > Joe spewed forth:
    >> Hi. I have Win XP SP2. I have a Linksys wireless router and a desktop
    >> and laptop which are acting up. The Desktop is connected with Ethernet
    >> from the router, and the laptop is wireless. Both computers are in the
    >> same workgroup. when I go to my network places and click on 'view
    >> workgroup computers', both computers show up. But when I double click
    >> on the other computer, it tells me that it is not found or I may not
    >> have permission to use this network resource. Same thing happens if I
    >> type \\HOM1\ from the desktop (HOM1 is the computer name of the
    >> laptop) or \\HOS1\ from the labtop (HOS1 is the name of the desktop).
    >>
    >> I need to share folders and a printer but it wont let me. For example,
    >> if i type in the address bar \\HOS1\SharedDocs to access a shared
    >> folder, the same message I described above comes up. On HOS1, I gave
    >> Full control permissions to everyone in the security tab and sharing
    >> tab when I right clicked the folder.
    >>
    >> Any help please? Thanks in advance.

    > Did you run the home networking setup wizard on both computers?

    Yes I did

    --
    I beg your pardon? Do you dare cost me in this manner? Am I the object
    of this brave novacure? Then kindly reply to my post if you may feel
    Joe, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Joe

    Plato Guest

    Joe wrote: