Network Storage Drive is always disconnected after XP startup---Please help

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Steve B., Oct 10, 2007.

  1. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a LinkSys Router (WRT350N). It is a 4 port, Wireless-N router
    with a usb port in the back so that you can connect a usb 2.0 external
    hard drive and use it as a network storage drive. I have setup it up
    as a network drive and mapped it to letter Z:. My system is running
    Windows Media Center Edition 2005 and I only have one login user
    which is Administrator. The OS is configured to automatically logon to
    this user upon boot up and go right to the desktop. Also, when mapping
    the drive, I did check "Reconnect at Logon."

    The issue that I have is that every time I reboot, the network drive
    is disconnected when the system starts back up. In order to access it,
    I have to double click on "My Computer," then double click on the
    network drive icon and enter the password. I want the drive to be
    automatically connected and accessible immediately upon Windows XP's
    startup. I'm not sure if the fact that there is a password assigned
    is the problem, but when setting up the drive through the Linksys,
    router, setup, configuration page, it didn't appear possible to omit
    entering a password. I've spoken to Linksys exhaustively and their
    support is absolutely zero help with this. Can anyone please let me
    know what I am missing so that the network drive is automatically
    connected when the system starts up?????
    Thanks in Advance!!!
    Regards,

    Steve B.
    Steve B., Oct 10, 2007