    up with an ethernet cable to the router, and it still won't work. I have
    tried help and support and read other posting but they didn't really help.
    How can I fix this? Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?eHRyZW1lbWp5?=, Jun 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?eHRyZW1lbWp5?=

    Clark Guest

    So if you go to My network places and click on "View Workgroup computers"
    you see the other computers, but clicking on them won't open up any shared
    folders? If you can't see the other computer, maybe your workgroup name was
    changed on one of them or something else was changed. There may be a
    situation where you have old, out of date, shares so they won't work. Maybe
    refreshing or redoing them would have an effect.

    "Before, I could share files and listen to music on one of
    the computers when one was off regardless of which computer I am using."

    This sounds a little strange, do you mean your internet connection is down
    if you turn off one computer? You can't share files with another computer
    if it isn't running, so what were you sharing files with beside the
    internet? It almost sounds like you have Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    turned on.

    SP2 added some things like the Windows firewall, so it may be affecting your
    connections.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 20, 2005