    Lately I'm noticing that my network speed seems to drop from 54mbps to 36-24
    .... quite often. And I'm only about 20ft from the router/desktop. I'm
    using a D-Link DI-524 router. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

    Josh, Sep 18, 2005

  2. Josh

    Frankster Guest

    Anyone using a 2.4GHz coardless phone nearby? Or a 2.4GHz cell phone
    nearby?

    -Frank

    Frankster, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Josh

    DanR Guest

    Also check the channel you are using. Use channels 1 or 6 or 11. What ever
    channel you are currently on... change to one of the other channels. You may be
    interfering with another nearby wi-fi device. You can try Netstumbler (WinXP) to
    spot other nearby wi-fi routers. It's not foolproof but may help. It's free.
    But I don't think it's that abnormal for the reported speed to vary. If the
    antenna on your computer had eyes could it directly see the router antenna?

    DanR, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Josh

    Josh Guest

    Ya I have both ...

    Josh, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Josh

    Josh Guest

    Ya I have both ...

    Josh, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Josh

    Frankster Guest

    That could be the prob. Oh.. and I forgot, a 2.4GHz cordless mouse too.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Sep 19, 2005