    know is has anyone figured out a fix or at least some kind of work around to
    at least help out with the problem. I have reformatted and installed
    operating system a couple times for different reasons and that never helped.

    David B. Mathews, May 15, 2009

  2. David B. Mathews

    Carlos Guest

    David,
    Make sure you are using the latest drivers for your network card or network
    chipset.
    Not the vanilla ones supplied by Vista, but the ones supplied by your
    manufacturer's motherboard or - better yet - by the actual manufacturer of
    the network chipset embedded in your mobo.
    You might also want to check your network adapter properties in Device
    Manager.
    There is usually a setting under "Advanced Options" named "Wake Up type".
    Make sure it is OS controlled.
    Another course of action might be installing a (cheap) PCI network card and
    see if the issue disappears.
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 15, 2009

  3. When I reformatted and went with Vista 64 I installed the Dell drivers for
    my network card but they were over a year older than what I found on the
    network cards website so I installed those plus I unclicked let computer
    turn off this device to save power and now the network is back up and
    running in about 5 sec. after sleep instead of the 40+ sec. before. Thanks
    for the help.

    David B. Mathews, May 16, 2009
  4. When I reformatted and went with Vista 64 I installed the Dell drivers for

    David B. Mathews, May 16, 2009