    192.168.0.2 for cpu no2(client)
    Anyone can help me?

    thx Deratoul
    Deratoul, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Deratoul

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:23:40 -0700, Deratoul wrote:

    >Hi again. I got two computer on one of them I got Virgin broadband, I

    googlemail, googlegroups and vm bb, what a mix.

    >try to shared connection using a ethernet cable. So for windows Xp:

    Cable modem or ADSL (if ex NTL???)

    >First comupter with internet i choose: This computer connect thru
    >internet by himself, another comupter in network connect to the
    >internet using this PC.
    >Second computer without internet I choose: This copmuter connet thru
    >internet by gateway or another computer in my network.
    >All looks fine I have internet sharing icon on the pc no2 but I hasnt
    >got internet!!
    >I setup manualy Ip for 192.168.0.1-for server (computer one) and

    Why? If by sharing you mean ICS then it does the addressing for you.

    This is assuming the BB connected PC has 2 Ethernet network cards. 1 to
    the CM and the other using a crossover cable and it's a pity about the
    ICS.

    >192.168.0.2 for cpu no2(client)
    >Anyone can help me?

    Judging by the description no.

    Simple will work - get a cable modem router if it's a CM you have. As
    long as you say it's for cable modem broadband virgin or whatever ex BY
    / NTL most places will get it right.

    Also see the internal VM newsgroups and what make / model of routers are
    in use.

    virginmedia.users.self-help.networking
    virginmedia.users.self-help

    >thx Deratoul