    is wired to the desktop). I am obviously overlooking something, but am unable
    to find what that is! Using the network troubleshooter just tells me
    everything is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?V2VzdGJ1cnkgSm9obg==?=, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 6, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2VzdGJ1cnkgSm9obg==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Are both computer connected directly to the Linksys? Either by wire or
    wireless

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Jan 6, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?V2VzdGJ1cnkgSm9obg==?=

    Patty Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:00:03 -0800, Westbury John wrote:

    > I am New to all this! I have had a desktop and just added a new wireless Dell
    > Laptop Inspiron e1705. I purchased a new Linksys wireless Broadband Router
    > WRT54G. I followed the router setup instructions and am able to get online
    > through the router using either my desktop or laptop. The problem is that I
    > cannot share my printer or any files; it seems that the laptop and desktop do
    > not recognize each other even though I have both setup for file sharing. For
    > example, whenever I try to print a document from the laptop I am told that
    > the printer is turned off or that a network cable is unplugged (the printed
    > is wired to the desktop). I am obviously overlooking something, but am unable
    > to find what that is! Using the network troubleshooter just tells me
    > everything is fine. Any help would be appreciated.

    Did you share the printer on the host computer (right click the printer,
    select the sharing tab)? You also have to set the folders or hard drives
    for sharing using the same method (right click, select sharing).

    Patty

    Patty, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Hi Patty, like John I am having the same problem with the same kind of
    equipment. I get the part about right clicking and sharing the printer, been
    there done that. Can you elaborate about the folders and hard drives? Where
    do I go to find them and right click-em. Thanks for your help. Shenaya.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hlbmF5YQ==?=, Jan 7, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?V2VzdGJ1cnkgSm9obg==?=

    Patty Guest

    On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:13:01 -0800, Shenaya wrote:

    > Hi Patty, like John I am having the same problem with the same kind of
    > equipment. I get the part about right clicking and sharing the printer, been
    > there done that. Can you elaborate about the folders and hard drives? Where
    > do I go to find them and right click-em. Thanks for your help. Shenaya.

    You need to open "My Computer". If you don't have the "My Computer" icon
    on your desktop, go to Start -> My Computer in your menu. When you click
    on "My Computer" you should see all your drives and document folders in the
    window. Depending on what you want to share (you can share a full drive or
    a folder, individual files won't share). You can double-click on a drive
    to show a list of the folders stored on that drive. Right click on what
    you want to share and follow the same procedure to name the share and share
    it.

    HTH.

    Patty

    Patty, Jan 7, 2007