Network Share folder Permissions

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Asif, Nov 21, 2007.

  1. Asif

    Asif Guest

    I need one thing.
    I want share a folder through server and also sub folders like

    i create one folder in server drive name is Common
    and create 4 sub folders 1-sales 2- marketing 3-documents 4-contacts.

    now i have 4 client in active directory all are only users group
    members and created in one ou name workers
    user1, user 2, user3, user 4

    now i want set different permissions on all
    i have to set the permissions that for user 1 can access sales and
    marketing folders full and documents only read.
    user 2 can access only read all the folders.
    user 3 can access read sales and write in contacts

    i go right click on common folders and share and go in permissions
    enter every one full control
    and then go in sub folders add all members in all folders and set the
    permission in security tab because all sub folders are not shared so
    go in security tab and click user one give read and write access. then
    go in documents folder in security tab add user and give only read
    permission and set same to all
    but the problem is that those user who have only read permission they
    can copy and paste in local drive and when open any files in share
    folder bcoz they have read permission so they can open the file and
    add some entries but after saving it gives access deny give in another
    location on ur local hard disk can save
    1-i want user cant copy and past data in local drive mean any of data
    which is available in network share folder user cant copy in local
    hard disk or any external drive like usb

    please give me the solution i m in trouble.so please help me.
    I shall be thankful to your this efforts.

    Best Regards
    Asif Iqbal
    Dubai.UAE

    Asif, Nov 21, 2007